Friday, September 25, 2009

Hey friends,

I just want to go ahead and prepare you...this is not a light read for a Friday! But, I think it is something that we all have gone through so please take a moment when you have time to digest what I am about to say.

I truly believe that God puts certain people in our lives for specific reasons. I also believe that He puts us in lives of others as an opportunity to share His love. I don't believe in coincidences, I fully believe that God speaks to us through our circumstances. The main message that I am going to be speaking about today is DO NOT LOSE HOPE IN OTHERS.

Let's face it: growing up is hard to do. I know these words sound so cliche but we are constantly dealing with peer pressure and the choice of making either the right or wrong decisions in life. God gave us free will to decide which direction we want to take. He would love with every ounce of His being for all of us to choose Him, but ever since Eve bit that apple we have had a choice of which path we will follow.

Please take a moment to really absorb these next verses from Proverbs 23:17-21, 26.

Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD. There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. Listen, my son, and be wise, and keep your heart on the right path. Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags. My son, give me your heart and let your eyes keep to my ways.

What path are you following? Where is your life heading? Are you in a place where you just don't want to think about God? You think to yourself, "I'm young, these are supposed to be the crazy years of my life." We have so much going on in life - school, friends, work, family, pressure, stress, anxiety....we need some type of outlet to release all of this pent-up frustration. Some people choose a healthy lifestyle and others choose a self-destructive lifestyle that is one day going to bite them in the butt.

Fellow believers, don't lose hope in a friend that is going down a self-destructive path. God is working in the lives of others even when we don't realize it. He is always there and is always ready to answer the hard questions when we are finally ready to start asking. He never gives up hope in us so we shouldn't lose hope in others. God can bring our friends back to the faith. When our friends are sorting out all the questions and are trying to desperately get their lives right with God; He is ready to surround them with His grace and mercy.

I promise you this: life is so much better when we are filled with God's love. I'm afraid so many people in our society are searching to find happiness. They search down dark alleyways or through tainted relationships but they just end up finding a dead end. Please, if you or someone you know, is going down this route, start looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. Jesus' love, peace, and kindness will be so bright that you will need sunglasses to shade your eyes from His radiance! It is time for your spirit to be filled so you can start enjoying a healthy lifestyle that is filled with His joy, not the false happiness of this world. He has been waiting for you, 'and your hope will not be cut off.'

Never, ever lose hope in a brother or sister. Keep praying for them to make that decision to get on the right path. I believe that through God, all things are possible :)

Till next time, let your light shine!

Blessings, christen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks I really needed to hear this today!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails