Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's a beautiful day!
Don't let is slip away....

You've got to get yourself together,
You got stuck in the moment and you can't get out of it...

one love...one life...


If you haven't figured it out by now, all of these songs are by one of our all-time favorite bands....U2!



Next week, Raleigh and I are going to see these crazy lads in Hotlanta. We got to catch their concert once before and it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E (I am totally pulling a cheer right now) AND, to make the week even more special, my peanut pal, Ashley. and I are going to see....(drumroll) Beth Moore on Friday in Memphis! I am sooo excited to see her live! I didn't plan on having such a crazy week but things just fell into place so I am majorly pumped for a change in the ordinary schedule. I will be sure to have post-concert and post-Beth updates after next week!

A couple of months ago, I attended the Leadership Summit simulcast at my church. It was very cool and interesting to hear from so many different leaders in our world and Christian community. Some of my favorite speakers were Jessica Jackley, the co-founder of kiva.org; Dave Gibbons, founder and lead pastor of Newsong Church in Irvine, California; and Andrew Rugasira, founder and CEO of Good African Coffee.

At the summit, we were able to see an interview between Bill Hybels, founder and senior pastor of Willow Creek Community Church; and Bono, the lead singer of U2. Three years ago, Bono joined the Leadership Summit and basically told church leaders that they/we weren't doing enough to end poverty in this world. The interview that I witnessed was about "The Church...Three Years Later." It was very interesting and encouraging to hear different church leaders state that after they saw the first interview they acted upon Bono's request instead of turning the other cheek.

Bono wants to see an end to global poverty. I have always realized that there was poverty in this world but I have not experienced it first hand. Even so, I should be doing more to stop it. It is hard for me to go without lunch, let alone go without food for days on end. I can only imagine what these children and family go through each and every day.

Below is the song titled, Where The Streets Have No Name. Really take time to absorb the words instead of humming the tune in your head.

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name

I want to feel, sunlight on my face
See that dust cloud disappear without a trace
I want to take shelter from the poison rain
Where the streets have no name

Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
Were still building
Then burning down love, burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you...
(its all I can do)

The cities a flood
And our love turns to rust
Were beaten and blown by the wind
Trampled into dust
Ill show you a place
High on ta desert plain
Where the streets have no name

Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
Still building
Then burning down love
Burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you
(its all I can do)

If you want to start making a difference today in ending global poverty, below are some links for you to join. Raleigh and I support Compassion; which is a program where we give to support a child in need. Our child's name is Muremba and she lives in an aids village outside of Kenya, Africa. I'm sure I will do another post about Compassion, but let me just say that it is so easy for me to go without $32 a month so she can have food on her plate.



one.org/us


joinred.com


www.compassion.com

Till next time, let your light shine!

Blessings, christen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails