Sunday, October 25, 2009

0 Lost & Found

This week I have been out of my normal routine. I was out of the office a lot this week and working late so I think I am just bone-tired. On top of being tired, I have been really forgetful. Typically, I am not a forgetful person and I rarely misplace things. But lately, I have not been myself and this forgetfulness has really started to drive me crazy!

Last Sunday, I took my journal to church to write the day's message in it. I either left it at church or it is in some mysterious place around the house but for the life of me I can't find it. Today, we searched the Lost & Found at church and couldn't find it anywhere. I feel like I have lost a part of me. The journal had some personal thoughts in there on top of some really great messages so I am so sad that I can't find it. I have been journaling steadily since college and I love to look back over my entries at what I was thinking or read over the teachings that I have listened to. I know I put my name in the journal but I don't think I put my phone number so who knows if I will ever recover it.

The second thing I lost was my cell phone. Not once, but twice. On Friday, I went to Mobile to check out our Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk because we are doing one in Montgomery next year. I rode down with two of our state leaders and after we ate lunch in Montgomery on Friday I couldn't find my phone in my purse. We called the office and sure enough I had left it on my desk. So, we drove back to the office for me to get it. I was so embarrassed by this forgetful action but I knew they understood because we were traveling. We safely arrived at the Mobile office late that afternoon so I picked up my phone to call my mom and husband to let them know we were there. Well, the signal wasn't going through so I set the phone next to my computer to try again later. Soon after that, we packed up our bags and headed to the hotel. At dinner that night, they were all showing pictures of their families on their cell phones so I thought I would whip mine out to show off my handsome husband and precious puppy dogs. Low and behold, I couldn't find my cell phone AGAIN. I was beyond embarrassed. I was really beating myself up inside thinking, "Christen, you moron, why can't you keep up with your phone?!" The office was locked up for the night but one of the staff got it the next morning and returned it to me. I felt so bad because she had enough to deal with the event that had over 8,000 people attend to be worrying about getting my stupid phone.

Finally, we got back to Montgomery yesterday afternoon and when I was unpacking I realized I had forgotten yet one more thing. I had left my diamond cross necklace in the bathroom at the hotel. It was so dainty and simple and I wore it all the time. My stomach did a flip flop when I realized I had forgotten this piece of jewelry. I called the hotel and am still waiting on a response but I am pretty sure some cleaning lady got an early Christmas gift. I know it is an object, but it meant a lot to me because I always wore it to feel like I had Jesus right next to me. I know I have Jesus but still I really did enjoy wearing it.

So, now I am just beating myself up for being so forgetful. I have stopped saying negative thoughts to myself but I am just mad at myself for misplacing all of these things within a span of one week. Of course, these items are objects and can be replaced, but they were things I was responsible for keeping up with. Today, I was thinking about this and the thought came to my mind that I am responsible for more than things like books, phones, and jewelry. I am responsible for bringing others to Christ. It is my duty, my call to action.

I purchased a shirt yesterday that is super cute. It is pink and on the front it has a little white sheep and underneath the sheep it reads "He is my Shepherd." The Bible talks about shepherds in many places. In Ezekiel 34:2 it says, "Woe to the shepherds of Israel who only take care of themselves! Should not shepherds take care of the flock?"
Friends in Christ let me say this: We are the shepherds of today. We should be taking care of Jesus' flock. There are so many people wandering around out there that do not know what it is like to live a life filled with God's love. How many people do we interact with on a day to day basis that are wondering around like little lost sheep?

For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness. I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign LORD. I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice." - Ezekiel 34:11-13, 15-16.

Thank goodness that our Amighty Savior is always keeping track of us. He is always there and will always be seeking us. He won't forget, misplace, or lose us. He will continue to search for the lost, injured, and weak and bring them underneath his wing. I love my God so much that He cares so much about me. Take peace in this verse and find comfort in knowing that our God is omnipresent. If you are wandering around feeling lost today, please know that the minute you commit yourself to Him, He will be right there to herd you in with the rest of us. You will be apart of his flock, the body of Christ, and by golly that is the best place to be! He has been looking after you for a long time and He is so glad that you are not lost, but found.

Till next time, let your light shine!

Blessings, christen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails