Sunday, August 1, 2010

 Memorizing scripture has always been a goal of mine.  Having verses on the tip of my tongue can help me in all situations of my daily life such as driving my car, talking to a friend, or even calming me down when frustrations occur.  I have tried lots of different methods, but my newest method that I think will work best is having an accountability partner to trade verses with each month.  So, I called on one of my dear friends and asked her if she would like to exchange a verse with me each month and we would try to memorize both verses before the month ends.  We figured memorizing two verses would be an attainable goal and we felt like we would actually accomplish this goal because we were being held accountable.  Below, I have the two verses that we chose (I picked the first verse and she did the second).  We would love to invite you to memorize these scriptures with us or you can pick your own - whatever works best for you!  I would encourage you to do this with a friend because it makes you stay on your toes and not push this to the back of your to-do list.  Write these verses down on note cards and place them all around your house (one friend of mine even puts it on her phone!!) so you are constantly looking at them throughout your day.
Happy memorizing!!!!!!

"All of us have had the veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord"
2 Corinthians 3:18

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away" 
- Revelations 21:4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails