Monday, June 21, 2010

4 Superdad!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  I know several of you said that you picked up Fathered by God, either for yourself or a loved one, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.  Friday night we had free tickets to see Toy Story 3 and we absolutely loved it - I am a sucker for any Pixar film, but Toy Story 3 really was amazing.  For those of you that don't know, I LOVE movies.  It really is one of my favorite things to do and it is something that I look forward to sharing with the girls one day.  While we ate dinner Friday night, I kept thinking to myself that in a few years I would be able to take the girls to movies like Toy Story and how great it would be.  Now that we have children I am naturally more aware of them in public and it was quite funny to see how many little kids would cry during a funny moment in the film just because one of the characters was green and it scared them...simply because it was green.  Quote from the little girl behind us, "Daddy, make the green man go away, I wanna go home!"  It's funny how you never imagine those moments when you're daydreaming though, I suppose I have a lot to learn, haha.

Saturday we woke up bright and early and went to see the girls first thing. Out of eight feedings a day, they now get to attempt the bottle once a day.  They don't really have it quite down yet, but it was encouraging to see them try.  Getting to hold the bottle was a great experience - I actually felt like I was able to provide for them.

Feeding time with Adeline.

Also, we recently got to hold both of the girls for the first time.  Up until now, we could hold either and switch, but we haven't been able to hold both - one in each arm.  If you can't tell by my face, it's just as difficult as you would imagine to hold twins.  Adeline would start to roll over so I would lean the other way to hold up Adeline and next thing you know Maralee is sliding off my arm too!  Practice makes perfect, and I look forward to lots more "practice."



After visiting the girls, Christen surprised me with a kayaking adventure.  Going down the Coosa River is something we had often talked about, but never made time to do.  So we packed a lunch and set off down the river.  It was a beautiful day and the water felt great.  It is always such a renewal to get out and experience God's glory first hand.  Sunday, my family came up after Church and we were able to celebrate my first Father's Day together.  It doesn't matter how old you are, it's always great to see your family.

John, Sondra, Gunter, Kari Beth, Christen, and Raleigh Price

Along with the great pictures of the girls to cover my office with, Christen managed to get me a very special Father's Day gift.  If you have ever been around me for more than an hour, you know about my obsession with superheroes - so, without further adieu, I give you...


Superdad!  A father has no shame.

Again, I hope you all had a great Father's Day weekend.  It's not too late to tell your Dad that you love them, and if you are a Father, let those little ones know how much they mean to you.  Kayaking and T-Shirts are nothing compared to these.


Happy Father's Day!

-Raleigh

4 comments:

Katie Brown-Woodham said...

Hi Raleigh, Kristen, and Precious Baby Girls! I had been asking about your babies and their progress, when someone told me about your blog! I have enjoyed catching up with what's been happening by reading your posts. Raleigh, I actually went to see, hear, and meet John Eldridge speak on "Fathered By God" when he was in Columbus, GA about a year and 1/2 ago. It was fabulous! So glad that you are enjoying his teachings. Please know that I am praying for you and your family. In His Love, Katie Brown-Woodham

Anonymous said...

Hey guys I just got caught up on your blog and am happy to see you all doing well! You continue to be in our prayers and I know God is preparing your little girls to come home with you! A late happy Father's Day to you, Superdad!
--James and Krista

Christen Price said...

Thank you so much!

Raleigh said...

Thanks Katie, I bet that was really fun. I will have to listen out to hear if he is coming to this area again. Thank you so much for all of the prayers.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails