Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." -Psalm 37:3-4

How many times in life have we wanted something? Wanted something but never thought it would become a reality? Never really believing in it...never allowing ourselves to fully trust that He can make that desire happen if He so chooses for that to be a part of our purpose in life?

Friends, what I am about to share with you is living proof to me that God is in control of my life. It shows me without a shadow of a doubt that He loves me and hears my prayers. Not only does He hear them but He answers them on His time; not mine.

After Thanksgiving, Raleigh and I found out that I was pregnant! We were beyond thrilled and decided to tell our families at Christmas. It was such a special moment to share this news with the soon-to-be grandparents. In the midst of their excitement, we made them promise not to tell anyone until we went to the doctor to confirm that everything was going smoothly. With it being my first time pregnant I really didn't want the whole world to know we were expecting until that point. Well, this past Friday we went to the doctor and everything checked out great. It was so neat to hear a heartbeat and to finally be able to tell our friends! Our doctor scheduled us to come back on Tuesday to get an ultrasound.

So, yesterday we headed back to the OB office expecting to see this itty bitty peanut shape on the screen. As the ultrasound technician squirts the goo on my belly, Raleigh and I look at each other just so thrilled at what we were about to see. Well, she starts moving the wand over my belly and up on the screen is more than a peanut. It is an actual shape of an itty bitty baby. And, as we look closer, we realize that we aren't seeing just one shape on the screen. The technician looks at me and says, "Do you see what I see?" I look at her and say, "Is that what I think that is?" She says, You're having TWINS!!!!! Raleigh and I just can't contain ourselves at this point and we just burst into laughter saying over and over again, "Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. This is crazy. Wow. I love you. Wow. This is crazy."

It was truly one of the best moments of my life. It was so cool to see their little features. Below are some of the ultrasound pictures. Both babies have great heartbeats and their due date is July 24th.



Not only has God blessed us with a child but He has given us two! And the best part of it is I have always wanted twins. That has been a desire of my heart since I was a little girl and I would read Sweet Valley High books about Jessica and Elizabeth being identical twins. I know that sounds silly, but it is true. I am not kidding y'all when I say this but I know without a shadow of a doubt that God hears even the little whispers and the dreamy fairy tales of our hearts. Not only have I always wanted twins, but I used to say that I would love to marry an architect. Yesterday, as I was laying on the exam room table all of these thoughts came rushing through my head. It was all I could do to make it to the car before I burst into tears of His outstanding grace and mercy over my life. He has heard everything. Not only has He heard but He has listened and answered my prayers! It overwhelms me to think about how much He truly cares about me.

He is going to watch over these two bundles of joy over these next six months. Please keep our growing family in our prayers. Pray for us not to worry and to just continue to trust in His guiding hand. Pray for our families and for all of us to be a team as we prepare for these new beginnings. Pray for our doctor and for my health.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16

Till next time, let your light shine!

Blessings, christen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails