Monday, April 12, 2010

0 Stuck in the Mud

Blogger friends,

Right now my husband has the Rocky theme song blaring from his iPod while doing a mini-workout.  His brother has told him that 25 is going to be the age that he is going to start packing on the pounds and Raleigh is out to prove him wrong!  It is really funny watching him do his work-outs. Have any of you done the P-90X ab workout?  Well, neither has Raleigh but he likes to think he has! He has a tendency to make up different moves. Right now he is banging his fists against his chest while doing sit-ups. He says this helps tighten up the ab muscles but I just think he looks like a gorilla. ha ha.  Honestly, he says that workout is a killer....I can't really participate in that kind of stuff right now so I am going to take his word for it :)

All the while Obi is laying on our twin bed here in the office with me.  All four of his legs are in the air with his head draped against my flower pillow.  He loves that pillow, I swear.  He looks like a center-fold.  Now he is just staring at me like, "What?  You're not putting this on the internet are you?  At least get a picture of how good I look."  Lu Lu is jealous that Obi can jump on the bed and she can't.  So, she just lays at my feet with her legs crossed.  Such a lady that girl is...until she hears a bag open for food.  At that point, all is fair in love and war.  I haven't given them their nightly treat yet so soon I will have some puppies scratching at my legs giving me the pitiful face.

Today, I just wanted to go running....like really fast sprinting.  Throughout my pregnancy I have been doing yoga, walking, and bike riding but today I really had the need for speed.  Mondays are hard days for everyone but this Monday hit me hard.  I had some bad dreams last night (part of being pregnant is the crazy dreams!) and didn't sleep very well so this morning I was rather sluggish and slow moving.  To top off my wonderful Monday morning I had to deal with a not-so-nice person at the fabric store.  Customer service seems to be a thing of the past these days.  Oh, well. 

Anyways, I wanted to write today just because.  I don't really have any ideas in particular that are coming to me but I really do have a desire to type.  Do y'all ever just feel stuck in the mud?  That is how I am feeling right now.  It is like I want to go on this journey but I don't even know where to start.  I need some guidance, some direction, some focus.  God, please help me sort all of this out. 

I need to stop throwing myself a pity party and just start focusing on taking baby steps to reach my goal. We get where we are going one step at a time and I just need to remember that.  God has shown me a path but right now I am just stumbling on some roots of insecurity.  I need to look up and stop looking down.  Tomorrow is a fresh day so that means a fresh start on my journey. 

Words on encouragement always make me feel better.  Even if I have to give myself a pep talk it helps me to stay positive.  Thanks for letting me get that out....I really do feel much better!

Till next time, let your light shine!

Blessings, christen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails