Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hello Hello!

So, in case any of y'all have been wondering where I have been the last couple of days, here is the answer....the BEACH!!!!!!  I was there for one whole fabulous week.  It was A-mazing :)  It was truly a vacation I have been looking forward to for the whole summer and it did not disappoint.  I spent six glorious days basking in the sun and splashing in the waves.  We had plenty of help from family to watch the girls so I got to enjoy some TLC in between their feeds.  I can't explain how much I needed that vacation after the summer that we have had.  It was so good for my mind, body, and soul to relax and rejuvenate.  On September 3rd, my devotion from Jesus Calling said: 

"Let the dew of My Presence refresh your mind and heart.  So many, many things vie for your attention in this complex world of instant communication.  The world has changed enormously since I first gave the command to be still and know that I am God.  However, this timeless truth is essential for the well-being of your soul.  As dew refreshes grass and flowers during the stillness of the night, so My Presence revitalizes you as you sit quietly with Me.


A refreshed, revitalized mind is able to sort out what is important and what is not.  In its natural condition, your mind easily gets stuck on trivial matters.  Like the spinning wheels of a car trapped in mud, the cogs of your brain spin impotently when you focus on a trivial thing.  As soon as you start communicating with Me about the matter, your thoughts gain traction and you can move on to more important things.  Communicate with Me continually, and I will put My thoughts into your mind." (Psalm 46:10; Luke 10:39-42; 1 Corinthians 14:33 NKJV)

Friends, I took great comfort in these words.  The past couple of months have been so stressful and I needed to hear that Jesus' Presence can refresh my mind and heart.  Also, like these words said, during my vacation I was able to sort out what is important and what is not in my life.  I tried to just enjoy each day at a time and not get caught up in tomorrow.  I still have some personal things to figure out but spending time relaxing and communicating with Jesus gave me some clarity on other parts of my life. 

Below are a TON of pictures from our trip.  Enjoy!

Maralee and Adeline's First Beach Trip!
( 18 weeks old, Labor Day 2010)
They were wide-awake for their first time on the beach!

Miss Maralee's blue dress matched the ocean!

Lovin' me some Adeline!
 
 
I'm sure one day the girls will think this picture is gross, but I think it is sweet :)

 Dad, I don't want to go in the water!!!!!

 Mooooommmmm!!!!!

 Two sets of toes in the sand :)

All Ganny wanted for her birthday were her grand babies!

Paw Paw, Adeline, Na Na, & Maralee

Gabby, Adeline, Grandpa, & Maralee

Starla, Adeline, Nan Nan, & Maralee
Feeding Time is fun at the beach because we get to sit on the deck!!!!!

  The Prices

Getting ready to watch Auburn play!  War Eagle!!!!
Adeline and Maralee

We need some shades!!!!
Me and Adeline, Dad & Maralee

I love our little family!
This is where we got engaged and now four years later we have two children....such a blessing!
Me, Adeline, Maralee & Raleigh

 Well deserved vacation, if I do say so myself!
Me, Adeline, Raleigh & Maralee

Till next time, let your light shine!

Blessings, christen 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails