Monday, May 24, 2010

14 Cloud 9

"Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting" -Psalm 126:5

Oh, my goodness, I have the greatest news to share!  This weekend was the best it has been in a very long time.  On Saturday, the girls' nurse called and told us to make sure we brought our camera with us when we came to visit.  She wouldn't tell us why so I was itching to get over to the hospital.  I tried not to get too excited or think too much about what it is we would need our camera for, but my thoughts were that we would see the girls without their CPAP breathing machines or that they would be sharing the same incubator.  When we arrived, the surprise was so much more than I thought it would be.  As we scrubbed in and walked to the girls room, I was shocked to see the nurse holding little Adeline in a sweet bundle.  I looked at them in disbelief and they told me that I could hold my little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, what a joy!!!!!  I am not kidding, Saturday was by far one of the greatest days of my life :)  She was wide awake and stared at me with these big dark blue eyes.  After I got my love from Adeline, I got to hold Maralee as well.  Raleigh and I were in hog heaven this weekend.  Holding them made this whole experience even more gratifying and real.  God is so good to us!!!!  Thank you friends for your prayers....I know they have helped the girls make progress on this difficult journey.  I have a ton of pictures to show you so I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!!!!!


Our first family photo!  Raleigh, Adeline, Maralee, Christen

Getting to hold Adeline for the very first time...she was light as a feather!
I will never forget looking into her eyes for the first time!  It made me really feel like her mommy!!!!
Meet Miss Adeline :)  
They are still developing their "baby" features and I think it is too cute that they look like old ladies right now with their breathing tubes :)  
(The tube in her mouth is her feeding tube)
Proud Daddy :)  
Raleigh holding Adeline for the first time

I love this picture!  They look identical to me!!!!

Me and Maralee
Their little toboggans were still so big on their heads!
Maralee was a sleepy baby 
"You had me at hello!"
Raleigh is already so in love with his little girls!!!!
We are proud parents, yes indeed!

Till next time, let your light shine!
Blessings, christen

14 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How exciting!!! They are adorable little fighters!! My prayers are with you and your family. I love the first family photo - that better be framed soon!!

Jenn Higby

Anonymous said...

Christen, I am so, so incredibly happy for you and Raleigh! I can not believe you knew something was going on at the hospital and still made time to share with me on Saturday! You are too sweet, my dear friend! We love you guys and are so happy you got this long awaited joy! Reading your posts makes me truly appreciate my little girl, and I thank you for that gift.
--Krista

JenHamner said...

Wow, that is really exciting news! I'm so happy for the both of you. I know it meant just as much to your little angels to be wrapped in your arms. Thank you for continuing to share your journey with all of us. Love, Jen Hamner

Ashley Wilkinson said...

Christen, what an exciting day! We are all praying for you and your sweet little girls. Thank you for sharing with us, your words are so inspiring and heart felt. Much Love, Ashley Wilkinson

The Pughsleys said...

Raleigh and Christen,
What a wondeful God we serve! I'm so happy that you finally got to hold your sweet little girls. You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. I can't wait until you get the good news that you can take them home! :)
Lots of Love,
Alicia Pughsley

Anonymous said...

I know you are so proud of your girls.... they are so beautiful!!! Congratulations, ALEX, Andrea, and Isabel Farmer

Unknown said...

Congratulations all!! I have a guardian angel that looks out for all of us! (Robby)
Take care and keep the great pictures coming!

Kim Guilfoil

Anonymous said...

Oh the blessings of God is so amazing!! I am filled with joy to see you holding your sweet angels.The power of prayer is mighty and so are your babies.They are little fighters and we will continue to see all the wonder they will be.All our prayers are with you.Thank you for keeping us updated.I was at the hospital today and stopped to pray for you guys in the hallway and the parking lot.If you get a chance I know a volunteer for the nursery,a Mrs.Gladys McBride,her and her husband volunteer every Tuesday at Baptist.I told her about you and the girls and she said she will keep extra watch over them while she volunteers.She doesn't get to see the NICU little ones much,but before they go home I believe they will meet Mrs.Gladys.Keep Faith and know each milestone is a gift from God. From Tonya Generally

Mrs. B. said...

Like a shepherd He will tend His flock,
In His arms He will gather the lambs
And carry them close to His heart.
Isaiah 40:11
What a beautiful picture God has given us in His Word. When you are not there to hold your precious ones; our Lord, who never sleeps or slumbers is holding them gently in His arms and close to His heart. W/ that promise, you can lay your head down and rest.
Mrs. Busby

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! That must have been an amazing day! The pictures are just fabulous...I keep coming back to the blog just to look at them and see how happy you are! Congrats!

Christen Price said...

Thank you friends! It was a very blissful day and we appreciate all of you sharing with us in our joy :)

Unknown said...

Hi. My boyfriend is Ben Crow and he has been telling me about your adorable twins. I am a neonatal nurse practitioner (just graduated) and have worked at the hospital your twins are at and it is a great hospital. I am so happy for you two and your twins look great!! I was a premie too, I have an identical twin sister. I am praying for your family and congratulations!!!

Christen Price said...

Thanks Hannah! We have really enjoyed the care the girls have received at East. Tell Ben we said hello and thank you for keeping up with our family!!!!! Take care, christen

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails