Sunday, May 16, 2010

4 You've Got Mail!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
-Hebrews 12:1

Saturday, Christen and I decided we needed to get out and soak up some sun to help relax ourselves. We were getting ready to go to the Montgomery beach aka the YMCA, and I happened to check the mail before we left. Right there on top was a letter from my old friend the National Council of the Architectural Registration Board. Let me provide you with a little background information- NCARB is notorious for taking their precious time when it comes to grading tests. Two months is a fast turn around, truthfully. So to see a letter only one week after testing is unheard of - and scary. I immediately thought it must have been so obvious to them that I failed the test for a turnaround this quick. I decided to open the letter outside so I could prepare myself to break the news to Christen. I took a deep breath and told the Lord that I was thankful for everyone's support and that even though becoming a licensed architect was a goal of mine, it is not what defines me. Regardless of the outcome I would glorify his name. After this, opening the letter is like taking off a band-aid, you just have to rip it! So I did. My eyes know exactly where to look on the paper for that four letter word, it's just a matter of which four letters you get. Praise the Lord, I got a PASS.

Once again, God has poured out his blessing upon me. I was speechless in the moment. Given the craziness of that week I knew it was likely that I could fail simply because I might not be able to focus during the test. It was hard to study that week but a new determination to pass had come over me. Not only was I passing for my family and personal ambition but now I felt a strange determination not to let all of you down. You had asked God to allow me to focus and retain the knowledge I had studied. I had no doubt he would pull through, it was up to me to decide the rest. It was hard to stay up later and get up earlier than I already was that week to read a boring book on earthquake forces that don't exist in Alabama, but I could not live with myself knowing you all had asked God to help me and I had not given him my best. I also believe that God understood my need to know the results of that test so I could move on to the final test with a sense of confidence. Again, thank you all for your support and encouragement.

To God be the glory!

- Raleigh

4 comments:

Laura Lee McAllister said...

so excited for you raleigh! one more to go! what a great accomplishment! thinking about all of you!
laura mcallister

Bradley Goode said...

That is great! I know Rachel and I just started crying we were so excited when she was done with her CPA!

We have been praying for you guys. I can't imagine how tuff of a couple weeks this has been.

Scott Schumpert said...

Congratulations! We just heard about the babies. Our prayers are with you and Kristen and the girls. You know we are just in Prattville and would love to drop by for a quick visit with you. Reading your blog has been a blessing and an encouragement to us. Let us know what we can do for you.
Love you both,
Scott and Celisa Schumpert

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We knew you could do it!
--Krista

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails