Tuesday, May 18, 2010

11 Today

Today, I have chosen to trade my sorrows for joy.  Today is not going to be a day filled with sadness and despair but it is going to be a day filled with hope and strength.  I am choosing to have a positive attitude and to not dwell in the negative.  I am choosing life instead of death.  You want to know why? I will tell you why. 

Today is the day that the Lord has made, so I am going to REJOICE and be GLAD in it!

Today my little girls are 19 days old!  This morning, my little Adeline showed me her b-e-a-utiful eyes.  

Today, our Maralee is choosing to fight off the bad guys.  

They are showing strength and progress so I need to do the same. 

Friends, I can not express how gratifying it is to Raleigh and I to know that our family is in your prayers.  We have been given an overwhelming show of prayer and love from all of you and it really is so encouraging to us.  Trust me, we read every comment, wall post and e-mail that you all send us and it really gives us strength.  Thank you for sharing your own stories of hope and suffering with us...it makes us realize that we all have problems and we all have one mighty God that takes time to listen to our needs.

A sweet girl that I have always admired shared the following verse with me as something that helped her during one of her trials.  I will admit that it struck me to my core so I have it written on my dry-erase board on my refrigerator where I can see it every time I go into the kitchen.  The verse is from Isaiah 41:10:

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"

As you can see from my previous posts, something that I have really been struggling with is fear.  Fear of the worst possible thing happening to one or both of my baby girls.  I realize that Jesus has even defeated Death itself and I believe that heaven is a far better place than earth; yet my heart longs for our little girls to stay here with us.  I want to dress them up in ribbons and pearls, have story time, and tuck them into bed at night.  My selfish desire is for our girls to stay here with us because I believe that God gave them to us as a blessing for choosing to follow Him.  I know that he can give and take away but that doesn't mean that I want him to take them away. 

Yesterday was my first day to visit the girls all by myself.  After a relaxing weekend (can you believe it?) I woke up on Monday realizing that the roller coaster was sure to take a twist very soon.  I don't know if that was negativity talking or me finally understanding that this journey is indeed a roller coaster but I woke up feeling sad.  Mid-morning we received a call from the doctor stating that Adeline had fluid around her lungs and heart so this was causing her to occasionally stop breathing.  We were also told that Maralee's test results were showing that she could possibly have a yeast infection and her platelet levels were low so she would be receiving red blood cells.  There was a possibility that if Maralee's platelets remained low that this could cause bleeding to her brain, which of course, freaked me out.  As I was visiting with the girls that afternoon, I got teary-eyed just looking at them.  Maralee was moved to a room all by herself since she was still on medicine for her staff infection.  That infection is getting better but the nurses want to make sure that no other babies receive it and we all have to wear plastic gloves and yellow robes to even enter into her room.  It made me feel like there was something wrong with her, like she was the kid being told that she couldn't play on the swings with all the other kids.

After leaving the hospital and arriving home to an empty house, I began reading a book about attitude.  Usually, I tend to have a positive outlook on life and I'm the type of girl that chooses to see the glass half-full.  I know you half-empty gals get annoyed at times due to the shiny-ness of the half-fullers but it helps for me to see the good in things.  As I began to read, I quickly realized that I was viewing this situation through a  half-empty glass.  I have been letting my fear bring worry and an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Guilt has plagued me the past two weeks for delivering them so early.  I haven't enjoyed getting my body back because deep down I feel like my stomach should be growing instead of decreasing right now.  I have been dealing with so many emotions and it has been difficult for me to see the joy instead of the pain.

Today, I am choosing to not let my fear consume me.  I am choosing to be joyful that I have been able to spend 19 crazy days with our sweet girls.  Today, I saw the red tape outside of Maralee's door as the blood of Jesus protecting her instead of the mark of satan trying to get to her.  Today, I saw Adeline's progress and not her sickness.  Today, I am choosing to

This IS the day that the Lord has made and with God ALL things are possible!

Till next time, let your light shine!

Blessings, christen

11 comments:

Ashley said...

You got it sister! You amaze me everyday! I love you, Raleigh, and the girls more than you know! Maybe we can both help eachother stencil that verse on a wall in our dining rooms! ;)

Jennifer said...

Hey Christen! This is Jennifer (Jones) Bonds. I just wanted to let you know that I am joining you in prayer for health and healing for your precious girls and for admonishing the fear and guilt you have been dealing with. And I have a verse for you that I have been turning to a lot lately ...

But the LORD watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love. He rescues them from death and keeps them alive in times of famine. We put our hope in the LORD. He is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us, LORD, for our hope is in you alone. Psalm 18:22

Lindsay said...

Christen, I am sorry i am just catching up on what has happened! you are such an amazing witness of your faith via facebook! I could not imagine the emotions you and Raleigh are experiencing. Please know that we are praying yall and your two sweet lil girls!
Lindsay Bruce Archer

brookehenn said...

Christen,
You are such an inspiration to me! When you first talked about the red tape I thought of it as the blood of Jesus surrounding her. Thank you for being so honest and sharing your heart. We are praying for you, Raleigh, and your sweet baby girls every day.
In Him,
Brooke

Unknown said...

Raleigh and Christen,

I am so glad Kari Beth sent me this link to read your postings. I have been praying for all of you constantly. What a priviledge it is to lift up both of you and the girls in prayer. God is so gracious. He meets us where we are. Never leaves us or forsakes us. Provides every need we could ever imagine.

You have been blessed with two precious bundles. Treasure this time. It is difficult but there is a purpose in all of this. God is growing them and healing their bodies. He delights to show what He can do. He loves these girls more than you both do if you can even imagine that.

I want to share a word with you that has ministered to me so much in the last few weeks.

Isaiah 30:18
Therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you. And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice. How blessed are all those who long for Him.

Be encourage by His Word. So many brothers and sisters in the Lord love all of you so much.

In Him because He first loved us,
Charla

Anonymous said...

Christen, I want to thank you so much for sharing your journey with all of us. The more I read about your roller coaster ride, the harder I pray for your sweet girls. I look into Noel and Vivian's eyes each morning and thank God for their health and that I am lucky enough to be their Mommy...then I stop and pray for your girls to come home to you as soon as possible. Stay strong and know that we are all sending out hugs and prayers to you and Raleigh...and of course big hugs to the girls! Love, Kimberly

The Williams Family said...

Christen, we are still praying for your sweet family. I have bunches of clothes to get to you soon. Also, I thought those sweet girls needed a hair bow.....so I sent them a headband/hair bow to your house...you should get them within the next three days. One is pink and one is purple. I always buy girls clothes the same to this day but occasionally my husband loves to see them in same outfit but different colors. I thought two different colors for the girls are perfect since they are identical.
Please let me know when and if you receive them.
We love you.
Danielle and Brandon Williams

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that strength is all around us and we are always in the arms of God.Remember to take of yourselves and not to wear out yourselves.Everyday is a GIFT and we are not promised tomorrow,but we all want what you want and that is that your girls will both be home ASAP!! I will pray for you all everyday. Tonya Generally

Christen Price said...

Friends,

Thank you so much for your continued prayers and scripture. Our girls are being washed clean in the blood of christ. Let us rejoice! Danielle, we look forward to the package...you are so thoughtful to send us those items :) Thank you all for your love!!!!!

kennerlyl said...

Praying daily for all four of you! Christen, another book that has helped me with fear (which I continue to struggle with) is 'Fearless' by Lucado. Also, when we went through our trials with our babies my pastor recommended we read 'Because He Loves Me' by Elyse Fitzpatrick which is an AWESOME book about the truth of the Gospel. I KNOW that the Lord is using this hard situation for His glory, and I truly believe that He is using you and Raleigh and this blog to further His Kingdom!

Christen Price said...

Thanks Kennerly! I have not read either of those books so I will need to check them out :) I appreciate your continued support and I have really loved those scriptures that you gave me!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails