Friday, October 8, 2010

Sarah's House
Sarah's House is a new show that I L-O-V-E on HGTV.  Words can't describe how I feel about the farm house that she renovated.  Her style is superb and I would kill to have a house that looked like that one day!!!!  The episode that I first watched was about her re-doing a farm house bathroom.  She chose this really pretty yellow fabric for the drapes and she scored an old claw foot tub for $200.  This show is really fun to watch if you are into remodeling homes and I like how she sets a budget yet every room looks so elegant.  This is a must-watch (Saturdays at 8:30 pm/7:30 central) on HGTV!


Awesome Leggings
Last year, one of my friends had a CAbi party at her house.  I went and scored these great black leggings.  Now, I know these days everybody has a pair of black leggings, but these are really great.  They are thicker so they don't feel like I am wearing tights under a dress and they have this great rouching right above the ankle that gives the leg a very slim look.  I have several pairs of leggings and these are by far my favorite.  Now is the perfect time to sport the leggings/flats look!

Taco Soup
Taco Soup is a really great tailgating food to serve this time of year.  It is so easy to make plus it is very warm and hearty.  There are so many recipes out there on how to make it, but here is one that is super easy from my friend Celeste.  Here's a tip that I learned the hard way: Make sure you brown your meat BEFORE it goes in the crock pot!!!!! 




Mums
These flowers are a must-have for any doorstep!  Mums are so beautiful and perfect fall flowers.  When I think of fall, I think of pumpkins and mums.  Southern Living has some great ideas on how to decorate with mums for the fall!

Ramen Noodles
Okay, this one might sound really weird, but anybody that was friends with me in elementary school can relate to this must-have. Dry Ramen Noodles + Chicken Seasoning = Yummy Snack.  I know it is probably not good to eat the Ramen Noodles dry but they are so crunchy and taste so good with the seasoning sprinkled on top!!!!  We use to eat this all the time at school and our parents would get so mad at us for eating it dry!!!!!  The only time Raleigh went to Sam's with me was months ago and he had to have the industrial size of Ramen Noodles.  I have run out of ways to eat them so I have resorted back to my childhood with this snack!

Autumn Scented Candles
I really must-have candles that smell like fall.  Changing your candles with the season is such an easy way to transform the smells of your home.  When guests walk in the door and they smell hints of cinnamon or whiffs of golden apple, it makes them feel all warm and cozy inside.  Pier One has some really great candles that are slow-burning so they last through the season!

Baby Uggs
I found some super cute baby Uggs at Target!!!  The ones that I found were less than $10 and are perfect to for the girls to wear with their little leggings as the weather gets cooler.  They are just too darn cute!!!

Fitted Leather Jacket
While you are getting baby Uggs at Target, swing over to the Ladies section and score this awesome leather jacket from Xhilaration.  It is only $35 and is a great jacket to throw over a little tank with some jeans.  Raleigh calls me Grease Lightening but I don't care because I love this jacket that much!!!!!

Chocolate-Orange Cupcakes
If you have never had the combination of chocolate and orange you are missing out!  I made this delicious cupcake recipe from Giada and it tastes as good as it looks.  Instead of topping it with orange slices, I put one candy corn in the center for my garnish to make it festive.  This is a delicious yet sophisticated cupcake!

New Do
This month I really want a new hair style when I get my hair cut.   I love Heidi's new bangs that she is sporting on this season of Project Runway.  Only problem is A. I don't look like Heidi Klum and B.  Again, I don't look like Heidi Klum! Over the years I have had really short hair and have worn it both curly and straight, dark and light.  My hair really won't grow much past my shoulders so I think I want to stay close to my same length but just change up the style.  Any suggestions????




Till next time, let your light shine!
Blessings, christen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails