Friday, October 15, 2010

2 For Me Mommy

So, I have a confession to make.  We did not run in the Montgomery Half-Marathon.  I know, I know, I had this whole great motivating post about how we would run in it for the girls but.....it just didn't happen.  There is really no need for excuses but I do have one :)  It just got hard to find time to run.  And, we couldn't run with the girls and we would rather spend our time with them instead of running.  There.  I said it!  I would still LOVE to run in a half-marathon and I do believe that thinking of their NICU journey will motivate me to actually complete 13.1 miles but it just didn't happen this year.

Instead, we decided to walk in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.  As a former employee of ACS, I really wanted to support this event by being present and walking.  It was the first time it was held in Montgomery and was a huge success!  But, more importantly, we decided to walk in memory of Raleigh's Me Mommy.  Breast cancer took her from her loved ones but her memory is not forgotten!  I never had the opportunity to meet Me Mommy but I have heard so many wonderful stories about her.  One of my favorites is the fact that she would still water ski even in her later years of life.  How remarkable!  Also, I always hear what a great cook she was.  Mr. Price didn't have pizza until he was in high school because his momma would cook good ole' Southern food for her family. 

Maralee and Adeline strolled in honor of Me Mommy
October 9, 2010
5 1/2 months

Raleigh and I did manage to walk 3 miles...next year we just need to do 10.1 more!!! (ha ha)
 
Adeline in her little hoodie

Me Mommy is smiling down from heaven at her grandson and two great-grandbabies
 
Beside attending this walk, last week was pretty busy.  On Wednesday, my sweet friend Abby came to town to see the girls.  Abby and I met in college when we were both Camp War Eagle Counselors.   I truly treasure our friendship and am so excited because she and her husband are expecting a baby girl in December!  She is so cute pregnant and we had the best time catching up.  Abby couldn't get over how much the girls stretched.  I hadn't ever really thought about it but I guess they do stretch a lot...must be growing girls!
Abby, Adeline, Maralee & I had such a nice afternoon!

On Thursday we were invited to dinner at some friends that had recently remodeled their kitchen.  Raleigh was out of town but I decided to take the girls anyway.  It was my first time taking care of the girls by myself in public.  They were a little fussy in the beginning and I had to feed them while trying to eat my dinner but all in all it was manageable.  My friends' husbands helped me take the girls out to the car and everyone was so willing to hold one girl if I needed any assistance so that was great.  I am so happy to be in Montgomery with this group of friends right now.  We all have little girls and I just can't wait until they can really play with one another.  Below are some pictures that we tried to take that night of all of the girls....
This cracks me up!  
Adeline, Mary Harris, Olivia, and Maralee
Adeline and Mary Harris
 
The girls + baby in the belly
We can't wait for Lily Broox to join us!!!!!

Friends, fellowship is so important in our day to day living.  It was so nice to just enjoy the company of others last week.  I hope each of you take time to spend with friends this weekend.

Till next time, let your light shine!


Blessings, christen

2 comments:

Bwages said...

Christen that is great! Hey if you and Raleigh need advice or encouragement for running a Half Marathon I have run 3 of them. I am not an expert, but I could give you some tips and stuff. The girls look great! Thanks for continuing to post, I am always encouraged by yours and Raleigh's words

Unknown said...

Hey there! Did you get my email the other day?

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails